Samyang MF 14mm f/2.8 WS Mk2 Lens for Canon EF
Inheriting the renowned Samyang wide angle series, the Samyang MF 14mm F2.8 MK2 is a ultra-wide-angle lens with enhanced usability. It incoperates focus lock and de-click function along with weather sealing and micro-patterned rubber ring. It is an ultra-wide-angle, manual-focus lens with excellent sharpness, even at its maximum aperture. The 115.7˚ wide angle of view is suitable for shooting landscapes, interiors, etc. and the lens hood effectively blocks unwanted light so you can shoot freely.
Ultra-wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 22.4mm-equivalent focal length.
Complex 14 elements, 10 groups optical design includes one aspherical element, one hybrid aspherical element, two extra-low dispersion elements, and three high refractive index elements, which all combine to reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations and color fringing, as well as improve sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 11" away and an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during operation.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood blocks stray light from reaching the front element and also offers some physical protection against light impacts.
- Weather-sealed design suits working in inclement weather conditions.
- Focus lock ring permits fixing the focusing position to prevent accidental changes, which benefits astrophotography and other long-exposure, interval-based, or other long term stationary forms of shooting.
- The aperture ring de-click function allows the aperture ring not to be stopped at every f-stop in the way cine lenses do. This selectable function will allow brightness to be adjusted continuously and smoothly with much more details between stops.
Focal Length 14mm
Maximum Aperture f/2.8
Minimum Aperture f/22
Lens Mount Canon EF
Format Compatibility Full-Frame
Angle of View 115.7°
Minimum Focus Distance 11.02" / 28 cm
Maximum Magnification 0.08x
Optical Design 14 Elements in 10 Groups
Diaphragm Blades 9
Focus Type Manual Focus
Image Stabilization No
Dimensions (ø x L) 3.43 x 3.78" / 87 x 96.1 mm
Weight 649 g
100% ORIGINAL & AUTHENTIC PRODUCTS