Godox VDS-M1 Multipattern Shotgun Microphone
- For Mobile Video & Indie Film
- AA Battery or Phantom Powered
- Cardioid & Super cardioid Polar Patterns
- Resists RF-Induced Noise
- Sensitive Condenser Capsule
- XLR 3-Pin Output
- XLR to 3.5mm Cable for Cameras
- 1/4" Adapter for Mixer or Audio Recorder
- Windscreen Reduces Wind Noise
- Lightweight Metal Housing
Whether shooting indoors or outside, the Godox VDS-M1 shotgun microphone offers mobile videographers, location sound recordists, and indie filmmakers the flexibility needed to capture clear, quality speech and ambience in a variety of situations. Its sensitive condenser capsule can be switched between cardioid and supercardioid polar patterns to control the directional characteristics for enhanced rear- or side-facing rejection.
Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Cardioid mode allows the mic to pick up the sound source it is pointed at. Its heart-shaped response type enable rich, natural sound while rejecting background noise behind the mic.
Super cardioid Polar Pattern
- Super cardioid is a more directional mode that rejects ambient noise from the sides of the microphone to provide focused pickup of the source. It offers increased isolation from extraneous sound and elevated resistance to feedback.
Electrostatic Condenser Head
- The VDS-M1's condenser capsule is highly sensitive, so it can capture low-level sounds while maintaining low self-noise.
- The durable alloy-constructed VDS-M1 protects inner components and eliminates RF-induced mic noise, thus enhancing overall audio recording quality.
- Its balanced XLR 3-pin output connector excels in long-distance signal transmission, allowing the mic to work in wired or wireless configurations.
- The VDS-M1 includes an XLR to 3.5mm microphone cable and a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter. As a result, it can be used with an array of devices such as cameras, camcorders, computers, portable recorders, mixers, and more.
Two Power Options
- Power the mic via phantom power (9 to 52 VDC) or with the supplied AA battery.
- Slip the supplied foam windscreen over the mic to reduce wind noise.