Tamron 28–75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera
An F/2.8 high-speed zoom made for full-frame mirrorless
Packing cutting-edge technology into a compact body, Tamron has created a high-speed zoom lens specifically designed for mirrorless lens cameras: the 28–75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036). A great addition to the Sony E-mount, the A036 strikes a beautiful balance between vibrant image quality, superb bokeh, compact size and lighter weight.
Specialized glass elements throughout control various aberrations and produce stable resolution across the entire zoom range. All the lens surface is treated with Tamron’s proprietary BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating, which dramatically reduces ghosting and flaring while preserving crisp image quality. The A036 also incorporates an all-new high-speed precision AF drive system with an RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) motor unit that is remarkably quiet.
Outstanding image quality meets delicate bokeh
The A036 zoom delivers a dazzling balance of clear yet soft rendering, stunning bokeh and exceptional resolution for in-focus areas. It also captures the finer details across the entire focus plane with performance that supports the latest high-resolution cameras—all while expressing the characteristic smoothness of a fast aperture lens.
Stunning bokeh spreads gently from the plane of focus to highlight your subject. By stopping down the aperture, you can alter how images are rendered. The lens also incorporates a nine-bladed aperture that produces beautifully round defocused light points. And Tamron’s distinctive image characteristics, which produce more than just a different degree of blur with F-stop changes, add even more impact.
The A036 zoom is designed to maximize the potential of full-frame mirrorless cameras. Because it is designed to be your most frequently used high-speed zoom, we made it compact. Now you can enjoy advanced optical performance in a compact size with lightweight convenience. Weighing just 550g (19.4 oz) with a length of 117.8mm (4.6 in), the A036 lets you take advantage of the mobility offered by mirrorless cameras for everything from everyday snaps and commemorative photos to specialized photography.
Get an MOD of 0.19m at a wide-angle setting
The Model A036 breaks all the rules regarding MOD. No longer must the MOD of a zoom lens be fixed throughout the focal range. The A036 reaches a MOD of 0.19m (7.5 in) at the 28mm wide-angle end achieving a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.9. A working distance of just 5.7cm (2.24 in) from the front element allows you to shoot close-up with a sense of perspective unique to wide angles. At the 75mm telephoto end, the 0.39m (15.3 in) MOD provides an image magnification of 1:4, allowing close-up shooting with a pleasantly blurred background similar to a macro lens.
Superb AF keeps it sharp and quiet
The AF drive on the A036 includes an RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) motor unit to help you stay focused on the action. RXD uses an actuator to precisely control the rotational angle of the motor, allowing it to directly drive the focusing lens without passing through a reduction gear. A sensor that accurately detects the position of the lens enables high-speed and precise AF, which is ideal when shooting continually moving subjects or video. With a focusing system that is both smooth and quiet, the A036 lets you shoot a video without worrying about picking up ambient drive sounds.
- Versatile standard zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 42-112.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- One XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) element and one LD (Low Dispersion) element greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Two hybrid aspherical elements and one molded glass aspherical element minimize distortions and spherical aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- RXD (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive) autofocus motor delivers impressively quiet, quick, and smooth focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. This focusing system also offers a minimum focusing distance of just 7.5"and a 1:2.9 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and it is compatible with Sony's Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Focal Length 28 to 75mm
Maximum Aperture f/2.8
Minimum Aperture f/22
Lens Mount Sony E
Format Compatibility Full-Frame
Angle of View 75° 23' to 32° 11'
Minimum Focus Distance 7.48" / 19 cm
Maximum Magnification 0.34 to 0.25x
Optical Design 15 Elements in 12 Groups
Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded
Focus Type Autofocus
Image Stabilization None
Filter Size 67 mm (Front)
Dimensions (ø x L) 2.87 x 4.64" / 73 x 117.8 mm
Weight 1.21 lb / 550 g
- Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III RXD Lens for Sony E : 1pcs
- SP Front Lens Cap (67mm) : 1Pcs
- Rear Lens Cap : 1Pcs
- HA036 Lens Hood : 1Pcs
- Tamron India 2 Years Warranty
- Made in JAPAN
We Also Recommend
Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC Lens for Nikon mount
Nikon af-p dx Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6g vr lens
Nikon af-p dx Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3g ed lens
Canon EF-S 24mm F/2.8 STM Lens