Samyang AF 18mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E-Mount
Offering an ultra-wide field of view, the Sony E-mount AF 18mm f/2.8 FE from Samyang is also distinguished by its especially compact and lightweight design. The rectilinear wide-angle design is well-suited for landscape, architecture, and interior subjects, as well as being suitable for astrophotography applications. Its optical design includes a series of aspherical, high refractive index, and extra-low dispersion elements, which reduce a variety of aberrations in order to produce well-controlled, sharp, and clear imagery. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, the lens's linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' AF systems for quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance, and manual focus override is also available for more refined control.
- Compact ultra wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 27mm equivalent focal length.
- The f/2.8 maximum aperture helps to achieve a compact, lightweight design while remaining suitable fast enough for working in available light conditions.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Three aspherical elements and two high refractive index elements control spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and resolution.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- The integrated linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' focusing systems for quick, quiet, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.
Focal Length 18mm
Maximum Aperture f/2.8
Minimum Aperture f/22
Lens Mount Sony E
Format Compatibility Full-Frame
Angle of View 100.1°
Minimum Focus Distance 9.84" / 25 cm
Maximum Magnification 0.09x
Optical Design 9 Elements in 8 Groups
Diaphragm Blades 7
Focus Type Autofocus
Image Stabilization None
Filter Size 58 mm (Front)
Dimensions 63.5 x 60.5 mm
Weight 145 g
We Also Recommend
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Tamron Zoom Telephoto AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50MM F/1.8G Camera Lens