Celestron AstroMaster 70AZ Telescope with phone adapter & Moon Filter
Discover our Solar System with the Celestron AstroMaster 70AZ! You’ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 70AZ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
Accessories include a 20mm and 10mm eyepiece, an erect image diagonal, a moon filter, a smartphone adapter and a Starpointer finderscope. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low and high powered views.
Smartphone Adapter - Image celestial or terrestrial objects with this smartphone adapter. With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to any telescope eyepiece with an outside diameter of 34mm. The additional magnification provided by the eyepiece allows your phone to capture great images of the Moon and planets. This adapter installs easily by placing the smartphone over the telescope eyepiece and tightening the knobs to securely lock your phone in place. The adapter accommodates most phones with the case on, but some large and/or bulky phone cases (including folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
- 70mm refractor telescope with fully coated glass optics and a lightweight frame.
- Observe in no time with a quick and easy, no-tool setup.
- Accessories include: two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), erect image star diagonal, a smartphone adapter, a moon filter, and a finderscope.
- The smartphone adapter connects your smartphone to your telescope, so you can capture images and video through the eyepiece
- Panning handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing.
- Adjustable height tripod
- BONUS Starry Night Basic Edition Software download
Optical Design: Refractor
Aperture: 70mm (2.76")
Focal Length: 900mm (35")
Focal Ratio: f/13
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (.8")
Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 45x
Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (.4")
Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 90x
Barlow Lens: Not Included
Finderscope: StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
Star Diagonal: Erect Image Diagonal - 1.25"
Optical Tube: Aluminium
Highest Useful Magnification: 165x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 10x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.99 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 100x
Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
Optical Tube Length: 914mm (36")
Optical Tube Diameter: TBD
Optical Tube Weight: TBD
Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
We Also Recommend
Celestron Astromaster 114EQ Telescope
Celestron AstroMaster 130 EQ Telescope
Celestron powerseeker 50AZ Telescope
Celestron powerseeker 60AZ Telescope