Celestron AstroMaster 130 EQ Telescope
Discover our Solar System with the Celestron AstroMaster 130EQ! You’ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 130EQ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
Manual German Equatorial telescope
The AstroMaster mount comes with two slow motion control knobs that allow you to make fine pointing adjustments to the telescope in both Right Ascension and Declination axes, also referred to as RA and DEC.
Accessories include a 20mm and 10mm eyepiece, and a finderscope. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low and high powered views. The 20mm has a built-in erect image corrector.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
- Manual German equatorial mount with setting circles - to locate and track sky objects
- Adjustable, full height steel tripod with deluxe accessory tray
- Quick and easy no-tool setup
- Accessories include a 20mm and 10mm eyepiece, and a finderscope
- Download Starry Night Basic Software with a 36,000 object database, printable sky maps and enhanced images including 3D renderings of stars, exoplanets, and galaxies
OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
Aperture: 130mm (5.11")
Focal Length: 650mm (25.6")
Focal Ratio: f/5
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (.78") with built-in erect image corrector
Magnification of Eyepiece1: 33x
Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (.4") standard
Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 65x
Optical Tube: Aluminum
Highest Useful Magnification: 307x
Lowest Useful Magnification: 19x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.1
Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.07 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes): .89 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 345x
Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 44mm (1.73")
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 34%
Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: tel 11%
Included Items: Optical tube
Tripod and mount (preassembled)
20mm eyepiece with built-in erect image corrector
Standard 10mm eyepiece
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
We Also Recommend
Celestron Astromaster 114EQ Telescope
Celestron powerseeker 50AZ Telescope
Celestron powerseeker 60AZ Telescope
Celestron Powerseeker 70AZ Telescope