Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS USM
Complementing the imaging capabilities, this 70-300mm also features a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. A ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism also afford quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed and has a protective fluorine coating on the exposed elements for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112-480mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that is optimized for panning.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Floating focus mechanism maintains consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 3.9' to infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Protective fluorine coating has been applied to the front and rear element to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning these elements significantly easier.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
Angle of View (Diagonal) 34°~8°15’
Angle of View (Horizontal) 29°~6°50’
Angle of View (Vertical) 19°30’~4°35’
Closest Focusing Distance (m, ft) 1.2m/3.9ft
Construction (Groups Elements) 14-19
Diameter x Length 89 x 143mm
Drive System Ring-type USM
Filter Size 67mm
Maximum Magnification (x) 0.21
Minimum Aperture 32~45
Number of Diaphragm Blades 8
Anti-dust and Moisture Supported
Accessories (Lens Cap) E-67 II
Accessories (Lens Hood) ET-73B
Accessories (Lens Bag) LP1424
We Also Recommend
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Tamron Zoom Telephoto AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50MM F/1.8G Camera Lens