Omax 52mm ND-4 Neutral Density filter
A Multicoated Neutral Density filter or ND filter is a "grey" filter,it appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film or sensor, but do not have an effect on color balance. The purpose of standard photographic neutral density filters is to allow the photographer greater flexibility to change the aperture or exposure time, allowing for more control, particularly in extreme circumstances such as on a very bright day. Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility of achieving otherwise impossible results. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film. ND filters also do not have an effect on color balance.
What does an ND filter do?
- Allows the use of wide apertures without risking overexposure
- Allows the use of slower shutter speeds when there’s too much light
- Helps capture motion blur when photographing moving objects
- Reduces depth of field in excessively bright ambient light
- Balances exposure across the entire image
- Protects the lens
1) Enables slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high-speed films, allowing film to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars.
2) Decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, in turn helping to separate subjects from their background.
3) Decrease the effective ISO of high-speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations.
4) To allow picture and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes that can cause overexposure.
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens
- Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x Lens
- Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM Lens
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Fujifilm XC 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Lens
- Fujifilm XF 35mm f/1.4 R Lens
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 24mm f/2.8D Lens
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 28mm f/2.8D Lens
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 35mm f/2D Lens
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4D Lens
- Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 200mm f/2G ED VR II Lens
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens